Dublin Regulation

Is your asylum procedure done in Austria?

This examination is called admission procedure. The law that clarifies this is called the Dublin Regulation. The law says: children and adolescents should live with their family and relatives.

Does your mother, your father, your sister, your brother, your aunt or your uncle live in a country in the EU? Do you want to join them? Please tell your legal representative and the Federal Office for Immigration and Asylum.

In which country does your family / your relatives live? The Federal Office for Immigration and Asylum will ask this country to take over your asylum case.

Different rules apply for adults. Persons older than 18 years are “adults”. You are now in Austria. Have you been in another country of the EU? You may have to go back there.